bigstock Young Male Motorist Involved I 306902422

Important Questions & Answers About Car Wrecks & Injuries

Legal Matters


Presented by: Frank S. Buck, P.C., Personal Injury

1. If I have a car wreck, do I need a lawyer? Yes! There are many obstacles in Alabama insurance law that an experienced lawyer who deals with these issues daily needs to navigate for you. It is important to know that an insurance adjuster or even your own insurance agent works for the insurance company and not for you. He or she may be your “good neighbor” when you are paying your insurance premiums, but when you make a claim, you might not be in such “good hands.” If you hire our firm at Frank S. Buck, P.C., we will work diligently and effectively on your behalf and fight for you to get you the best result possible. Before you sign any paperwork or settle any claim, please call us to discuss your options. A call to us will not cost you anything to get you important legal advice, but not calling may cost a lot!

2. How long do I have before I need to decide if I want to have a lawyer represent me for a wreck that injured me? The statute of limitations is two years in Alabama for personal injury cases. If you do not file a lawsuit within two years after having a car wreck, you will never be able to recover any compensation for your personal injuries because your claim will be legally time barred. Just because you hire a lawyer does not mean you will necessarily be filing a lawsuit. Many personal injury claims settle without ever filing a lawsuit. However, we have a team of trial lawyers at our firm who will aggressively litigate a case on your behalf.

3. How much money do I need to pay to hire a lawyer to represent me for my wreck? We work on what is called a contingency contract, meaning that we never collect money up front, such as a retainer to hire us. Rather, we take a percentage out of the settlement once we settle your case. However, you never owe us a penny unless we collect money for you.

4. How do I know that there is auto insurance to protect me if I am hurt in a wreck from someone else? If you have full coverage on your vehicle, including uninsured motorist coverage, you will be protected. Even though it is a legal requirement for drivers to carry a minimum of $25,000.00 of liability insurance coverage on their vehicle, there are many drivers on the Alabama roads who still do not have any auto insurance. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage protects you in the event that an uninsured motorist hits you or if the insurance policy limits of the person that hit you do adequately compensate you for the injuries you sustained. It is insurance coverage under your own insurance policy that you can look to as payment for additional compensation for your injuries to protect you.

Frank S. Buck, P.C., Attorneys at Law have been offering professional legal services and serving Alabama citizens for over 43 years. We have experienced trial attorneys who have over 100 years of combined trial experience. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (205) 933-7533. Please call us for a free consultation. Visit us at

Posted in

Fill your Facebook feed with more good news from Birmingham Christian Family!
Click the like button below.

Get More Good News! E-subscribe to Birmingham Christian Family