The Priority & Privilege of Prayer
“Pray, then in this way: ‘Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.’ ”
Here’s a look at 7 main points to consider in this model prayer:
- As Christ followers our prayer is directed to almighty God; our Abba, heavenly Father.
- We should be praying for discovering and submitting to God’s will for our nation, community, church, family and ourselves.
- We are to trust in God to meet our needs, both physical and spiritual. We need to be thankful for God’s provision; to be good stewards of our blessings; and to share what we have with others.
- Both receiving and the granting of forgiveness is key to our health and well-being.
- We need to submit and follow God’s leading, trusting Him and knowing He will lead us in the correct path.
- Only God, Himself can deliver us from evil. Jesus Christ is the one who conquered sin, Satan and death. Only through Him alone can self and our sin nature be overcome.
- To God be the power and glory, forever!
Let us use prayer to help keep our focus on our heavenly Father and to maintain our contact with Him.
Celebrating 26 Years of Service as Exec. Director, Jimmie Hale Mission