The Clare Bridge Crossings program is a stepping stone between home and Assisted Living and Clare Bridge to support those living with early-stage dementia.
Clare Bridge Crossings is based on a growing body of research that found that a structured program
of cognitive workouts, regular and varied physical exercise and in- creased social interaction may help to slow the decline of those living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
This specialized programming preserves self-esteem and enables persons living with early dementia to remain engaged with peers when they might otherwise struggle socially- and be more susceptible to depression- in a traditional Personal Care setting.
When should you consider early-stage dementia care? Consider care when you or some- one in your care:
- Needs a bit of help with planning day-to-day activities.
- Is doing well with reminders, reassurance, and social interactions with others, but may struggle with initiation.
- Is getting around without a lot of assistance.
- Is mostly managing personal needs with only occasional support.
As a proactive discipline the Clare Bridge Crossings program may benefit individuals whose symptoms are just starting to result in the need for additional cueing and care. The daily path of activities features mind-and-body enhancing, socially engaging programs such as:
- Art expressions
- Vigorous mental workouts utilizing the latest technology
- Activities that recognize prior occupational skills and interests
- Outings which encourage learning and new knowledge
The Clare Bridge Crossings program offers private suites in comfortable neighborhood environments. Unique building features, such as an exercise room, art gallery and resident-use kitchen help res- idents stay engaged and socially active.
To learn more about our Clare Bridge Crossings program, visit www.brookdale.com or call 205- 870-0786.