I think, sometimes, as women we forget the power we have in setting atmospheres. I believe God has gifted us to provide a place of comfort and joy in our homes. Other than always speaking words of encouragement to our family, creating a cozy home is a great way to do that. Here are some of my favorite things to do:
1. Light a candle. Think seasonal.
2. Add throw blankets to the living room. This serves as decor and is functional as well. We love to grab a throw and cozy up on the couch and watch TV.
3. Cook a meal together. There’s just something special about gathering in the kitchen with one another.
4. Eat at the dining room table as a family. We believe in always sitting down together for dinner. That’s where we catch up and chat about our day.
5. Keep the house picked up and dishes out of the sink. This may be a little hard with small children, but having a designated place for toys make it easier to put them all up at the end of the day. We keep the dishwasher loaded to keep dishes out of the sink during the day.
These are a few things I try to do to keep a cozy home. They are simple, but so helpful!
—Charlotte Evans Russell
For more design inspiration and tips, follow me on Instagram
Read Charlotte’s faith story here.