Gain as You Give
I’m convinced that some people miss out on the blessing of giving. I’m
sure there are a number of reasons why they choose not to participate in sharing their blessings with others, but what a loss. I believe a part of the reason God blesses us is in order for us to share our blessings with others. Check out some of the clear instructions the Bible offers us regarding this.
- Acts 20:35 “. . . and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
- Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”
- II Corinthians 9:7 “Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
- I Timothy 6:18 “Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.”
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son . . .”
Giving and sharing should be a natural part of what we do as Christ followers- whether it is sharing of our time, talent, treasure or testimony. I believe we truly gain as we give! Let me encourage you to experience the blessing of giving.
In his 26th Year of Service as Exec. Dir.,
Jimmie Hale Mission