Brought to you by: Community Partner Sawyer Solutions, www.sawyersolutionsllc.com
Every week you hear or read about a new hack or victim of malware. While the news focuses on large businesses, smaller companies are at just as much risk. Here are some simple things you can do to help prevent a hack to your business.
- Strong, Unique, Passwords. Every device should have a strong password and all your passwords should be unique. Do not reuse passwords across multiple websites. Consider using a password management tool to help create and store these unique passwords.
- Run Anti-virus (AV) Program. Every computer should be running one (and only one) good quality AV program. This will help prevent your computer from getting a virus and being used for illegal activities.
- Regularly Install Patches. Patches are used to help keep your computer up-to-date, running smoothly and securely. Make sure the update/patch is from the maker of the software you use.
- Use Encryption. It will help keep your data safe even if you lose a computer or thumb drive. A password to get into your system is not enough to keep people out. You need to encrypt your data as well.
- Consider a Firewall. Firewalls are one of your main lines of defense for keeping out bad guys. Advanced firewalls can do things like scan for viruses on your internet traffic or even detect attempts to break in and take action. Consider investing in one of these devices.
Sawyer Solutions is a technology service company that takes cyber-security seriously. We believe in talking to our clients to determine their individual needs and goals and coming up with solutions to meet those. Visit our website at SawyerSolutionsllc.com or call us at 844.4IT.PROS (844.448.7767) to schedule a free consultation.
-Brought to you by: Community Partner, Sawyer Solutions
We do I.T. so you don’t have to!
Complete I.T. consulting, security and managed services that are tailored to help your business excel.