I am Amy Phillips, Marketing Specialist with Birmingham Christian Family Magazine. I know that you are all celebrating with me the fact that summer is here. Longer and warmer days, sunshine, birds singing and a great economy in our country are just an of the few things that are putting consumers in a good mood, translating to what we believe will be positive business flow coming your way. I wanted to take a moment and share some ideas for a that are designed to increase traffic through your doors no matter the type of business that you operate.
Summertime is a great time to open your doors and invite the public to take an up close updated and personal look at the products, services and programs that your business offers. Pick a date and consider sending invitations to your best customers via email, promoting on social media and inviting customers in person at your location.
1. Give everyone that attends a swag bag filled with something useful with your logo and contact info on it, brochures about your business, and coupons to bring them back at a later date.
2. For that day choose a few of your best products, services and programs to highlight, promote and offer deals on.
3. Celebrate those patrons who come through your doors during this time with prizes. Reward the 1st, 10th, 25th and so on, customers who come through your door during the open house with a special something themed to your location and a customized grand prize for the 50th or promote ahead of time the first (25) guests during this time will receive X. Be creative since you would be surprised what people will stand in line for.
4. Offer refreshments. Nothing keeps people hanging around for conversation like a good snack.
5. Be sure and collect contact information from all who attend to add to your preferred customer list. A good way to do this is with an Open House Drawing.
6. Focus on Special Holidays coming up to bring them back through your doors. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day 4th of July etc.
7. Have a suggestion box set up and ask customer about things that they might be looking for in your specialty. Here is one example: what improvements do they feel will earn their loyalty in the future?
8. Schedule a new launch on this day and debut something exclusive for the attendees.
9. Promote a picture contest. Everyone is taking pictures with their phones. Have a special prize for those who send pictures to your social media using (X) from your business. These will make the best testimonials for the future.
10. Have them take pictures from your location and # your business on social media inviting their friends and families to come and enjoy your business as well.
Thank you for your time. These are not new ideas, but we do believe are timeless in setting up networking opportunities with loyal customers and new prospects. God bless you!
Birmingham Christian Family magazine
Seen here with husband, John, the Phillips live in Hayden, Ala. and are the proud parents of three sons.